Hypnotherapy Program Course Descriptions
Listed below are courses within our programs with course descriptions.
To find out the next date and location of courses, consult our Calendar
of Courses and Special Events. All workshops and classes are led by David Quigley unless otherwise noted.
Also see Program Catalogue, Course
Descriptions and Prices.
Read a graduate's story.
Personal Transformation Program
100 Hour Program including the following:
101: Trance Induction and Post-Hypnotic Suggestion
History of hypnosis, trance induction, levels of trance, deepening techniques, post-hypnotic suggestion, rapport, pre-induction interview, goal-setting. (Course 101 or equivalent training is a prerequisite for all other courses listed here) No Prerequisite. (17 Hours)
201: Healing the Source of Emotional Pain
No matter what presenting problem your clients bring to you , it is usually connected to unresolved feelings of anger, grief, and shame. These could stem from incomplete communication or the residue of unresolved emotional trauma and neglect, much of it from the client’s childhood. But regression therapy as practiced by most hypnotherapists is often not enough to affect a cure. That is because the hypnotized client must do more than examine the memories and relive them. They must express with the body as well as the voice all of the emotions that have been repressed and stored there. We will learn the use of bodywork techniques to help release these emotions. We must also transform these memories of trauma into positive resources of safety, empowerment, love, and wisdom. In the case of childhood memories this includes the rescue of the inner child from these traumas, and if necessary the discovery of new parental resources and their integration into the cells of the body with movement, bodywork, and hypnotic suggestion. (33 Hours)
301: Advanced Past Life Regression and Inner Guides
Using inner guides for rapid personal change, physical and emotional healing, creativity, spiritual growth. Ancient shamanic and modern techniques. Past life regression as applied to clearing trauma, changing karma, accessing creativity, changing relationship contracts. (25 Hours)
303: Conference Room Therapy
Communicating with different aspects of the personality and working with them to facilitate behavioral change. The judge, the inner child, the rescuer, the victim, the cynic, the rebel--learn how to help your clients create contracts with these characters that strengthen the will. (25 Hours)
150 Hour Hypnotist Certification Program
Additional 50 Hours including the following:
304: Specific Regimens
Techniques for working with weight loss, smoking, addictions and phobias, including the powerful Addictive Personality Technique and the John Daughters Smoking Cessation Program. Also saboteur and depossession. (33 Hours)
305: Establishing a Professional Practice
This course focuses on empowering you to become a successful hypnotherapist. We teach how to conduct an in-depth first interview utilizing assessment techniques and professional interview skills. Learn about patterns, boundaries, transference, referrals, safety, advertising, teaching, free marketing opportunities, office management, legal and ethical limits to your practice. The last day also includes the final exam. (17 Hours)
200 Hour Hypnotherapist Certification Program.
(Additional 50 hours or three 17 hour classes)
* denotes class is recommended for all hypnotherapy professionals
402: Somatic Healing
Heal illness and injury with powerful new tools including hypnotic movement, energy channeling, inner healer, spiritual surgery, and color healing. For more information, see Somatic Healing.
403: Advanced Alchemical Techniques
Techniques for direct trance state work with mythical and symbolic imagery. Alchemical Dream work, religious deprogramming, Alchemical Tarot and spiritual philosophy of Alchemy.
405: Advanced Conference Room*
How to work with hidden sub-personalities, use of evocative language, contract work, "mocking up" the conference room, and couple's conference room. A must for the practicing hypnotherapist who wishes to work with sub-personalities.
413: Healing the Drama of the Inner Judge and Victim Child(with Allan Hardman)
As adults we learn to pretend we are okay-- we use strategies, wear masks, and play roles to deny the background drama of judgment and rejection playing out in our minds.
We can free ourselves from this drama with one simple experience: Self-love and acceptance. But how do you get there, how can you heal this inner drama, release your strategies, and what is life like after you have learned to love and accept yourself just the way you are? This two-day workshop will reveal and answer all this and more, as we use lecture and experiential process to explore and master this vital topic.
Recommended for all hypnotherapists, counselors, coaches, psychologists, and all seekers of psychological, and spiritual wholeness.
Everyone who attends this powerful weekend experience will:
- Become aware of the voices in their head and the roles they play
- Learn skills and tools for transforming the voices' lies into truth
- Identify the strategies of childhood that have become the adult personality
- Create a new voice in the drama to heal it from the inside
- And embark on a life's journey of self-love, creativity, and freedom
Hypnotherapists, counselors, therapists and other healing professionals also will:
- Learn and practice the skills for guiding clients out of this inner drama
- Carry back to their clients a new perspective of acceptance for all therapy issues
- And relax into a new confidence from understanding the "Ultimate Therapy"
416: Clearing the Trauma of Sexual Abuse*
Sexual abuse may affect one-third of your clients. Learn to use rapport skills, assessment tools, Alchemical.and Ericksonian Hypnosis, art and writing to facilitate healing.
417: The Magic Theatre: Alchemy and Psychodrama
We empower our clients by bringing the Alchemical process into the incredible cauldron of group process work. In this exciting group participation class we will learn to use psychodrama, voice, movement and touch in the context of group therapy. Includes safety and intimacy issues, conflict management, and various forms of group therapy.
418: Seminar Leadership
Learn to be an effective leader of hypnosis seminars: Teach weight loss, smoking cessation, past life regression, and emotional healing in your community. Hands on experience available.
423: Hypnosis with Children
(with Zolita Grant)
Hypnosis with children requires special hypnotherapy tools and techniques such as the use of storytelling, art, puppets and games. Students will also learn to work with ADD and clinical issues.
424: Alchemy of Chakras
Instructor: Rabia Erduman
Chakras are subtle energy centers in the body. In this class we will explore the 7 major chakras, which are connected to the body through the Nervous System. If the chakras are off-balance our physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual well-being are affected, resulting in imbalanced organs, emotions, thoughts, and consciousness. In this 2-day advanced level workshop you will learn to utilize Alchemical Hypnotherapy techniques (as well as breath, color, movement and sound) to access and transform old wounding from childhood and past lives in our chakras.
425: Advanced Past Life Regression Part 2
Basic past life regression class and may leave you feeling confused about such complex techniques as overt acts, contracts, and the pre-conception contract. Or perhaps vivid past life recollection still eludes you. If so this is the class for you.
- We'll participate in and analyze advanced past life sessions with David Quigley.
- Group guided journeys will help you clear your blocks to achieving memories of your past lives, and will help you discover the secrets and messages of your pre-conception contract.
426: The Alchemy of Tantra
The word Tantra means expansion and weaving. It is a Sanskrit word, connected to an Eastern Indian spiritual path called Tantra Yoga. In Tantric teachings, the sexual energy at the base of the spine is seen as the seed of our spirituality.
As we say yes to our sexual energy, we are able to connect it with our power, our unconditional love and our intuition, bringing clarity and deep joy into our daily lives. In this workshop we will use the Alchemical tools to explore how to reconnect with the seed of our spirituality by working with the sub personalities who got stuck in old conditioning, and help them to transform.
Instructor: Rabia Erduman
432: Advanced Somatic HealingThis course takes the techniques of Somatic Healing to NEW and advanced applications, including:
- Clearing the underlying causes of chronic illness in childhood trauma
- Massage Therapy applications for Somatic Healing, also called "Alchemical Bodywork"
- Teaching clients to wiggle love into their bodies from loving inner parents. Providing the inner child of the past with a loving inner family, and using the resources of this loving inner family to perform daily healing rituals for self-healing and pain removal
- Uses of Past Life Regression to heal illness
- Advanced methods of Hypnotic Movement for arthritis, dislocations, accidental injury residues like whiplash and back pain, advanced methods of headache and backache removal. Specifics for cancer. Applications to pre- and post-surgical intervention, and work with allergies and chemical sensitivities.
435: Alchemical Scents
Course Instructor: Linda Baker
Learn how essential oils work and why they are so effective with hypnotherapy clients.
During this one-day class you will experience how different essential oils can be utilized to help clients release emotional blocks, open to greater awareness and strengthen self-love. You will learn practical tools and techniques; for example you will experience how essential oils are a potent way to increase the power of anchoring. This class is a powerful adjunct to an Alchemical Hypnotherapy practice and is also open to everyone.
436: Alchemy of Abundance
Course Instructor: Linda Baker
While many books, CDs and workshops have focused on abundance, this experiential class takes you on an Alchemical Journey that begins deep within the subconscious mind where you will discover and release your own personal roots of resistance to receiving abundance and concludes with opening the heart, mind and soul to all that your heart desires. This is not another class on how to manifest that million dollar house or red Ferrari, but an experience to open you to the full goodness and abundance of life on spiritual, emotional and physical levels. We will be using essential oils in this class and each student will receive a sample bottle to take home and continue using. You will have the skills after taking this class to teach your own Alchemy of Abundance workshops. Open to everyone.
437: Advanced Emotional ClearingAdvanced healing of childhood trauma, including: how to recognize the impact of prenatal traumas and using the technique, “womb transplant/rebirthing” to a new inner mother to heal it. Specifics for creating long term bonding to new inner parents, especially for clients with limited visualization skills. The new inner family’s home – it’s uses for weight loss, social anxiety, and other issues..
440: Wilderness Intensive
Week long wilderness experiences are offered in Sedona and Mount Shasta.
The new frontier in Alchemy is about bringing your inner guides into your body, transforming your posture, your movement and voice, your being in the world. This course is recommended for every Alchemist.
Now you can experience in a small, intimate and supportive group the building of these powers within yourself.
- Ecstatic spirit guide contact in the body is accessed through touch, movement, dance, and shamanic practices.
- Psychodrama and intense group process create a bonding that accelerates your journey to release blockages that prevent guide contact, self-empowerment and emotional healing.
- Cellular clearing techniques using touch, bodywork, sound, and breath bring your transformation into your body.
- Soul retrieval deepens your connection to your essence.
If you ever wanted to work directly with David Quigley, with no lectures, no distractions, just the power of the group, this is your opportunity. This special three-day program is available now to Alchemists and non-Alchemist who are ready for personal empowerment. Cost varies according to location. Institute members get 10% discount. (Some prerequisites apply for non-Alchemists.)
445: Healing and Transformation
From Friday evening to Sunday evening, this weekend retreat class includes...
- 3 individual sessions for each participant, with David and gifted Alchemical Hypnotherapists
- group guided journeys in an intimate supported setting
- advanced systems of self-care for any illness, for you &/or your family &/or clients
350 Hour Professional Development Program
501: Graduate Supervision*
A must for beginning a practice or doing practice sessions. Feedback on client sessions, review of basics, supervised practice, shared success. Supervision is done by telephone with eight 1/2 hour sessions. 17 hours
502: Assistant Program*
Assist at a basic training to polish your alchemical skills.
503: Group Therapy Facilitator Training
This course provides numerous tools and profound personal transformation to prepare you for this exciting work. Prerequisites: 417, 444, MH program.
We are in an age of self help. People want to be empowered to help themselves. In particular people are very interested in discovering limiting core beliefs and then changing those beliefs. Core beliefs include negative repetitive self talk like ... I can't ... I never will ... life isn't fair ... it's too late to ... I am not good enough ... etc etc. We will teach you how to address these issues to groups of any size with an inexpensive workshop.
We are prepared to teach you to lead groups to help shift our planetary consciousness to a more positive and constructive direction.
- Through this training you will learn how to help your participants to build their inner resources such as inner-parents and their adult self. Here is where those Core issues started and transformation can begin.
- They will learn to identify a recurring problem. There will be special muscle testing to narrow in on the "core beliefs" that underlie that problem and you can help them change that by inserting new core beliefs.
- Hypnotherapy techniques including inner child rescues, anchors, using mental rehearsals are some of the methods that we will cover.
- Finally a retesting of the muscles will confirm the success of the process.
After your completion of this class you will receive a certification as a Core Belief Teacher and we will supply you with support and promotional materials so you can go out and start your own successful workshops. Here's an opportunity to expand your horizons
My gratitude goes to Sidnee Cox who helped me develop this class.
* denotes class is recommended for all hypnotherapy professionals