How can I be sure I can really make a living as a hypnotherapist?
Not everyone who takes hypnosis training can or will make a professional career out of this work. Here's a quick test you can take to determine if this career is appropriate for you: (Simply answer "yes" or "no" to each statement.)
- I find it easy to meet new people and achieve closeness and trust with them.
- People seek me out for counseling and help, and I'd like to be paid for it.
- I am a kind, caring person who enjoys helping others with their personal problems.
- I am willing to work on myself, clear up my issues, and face my pain, so that I can more effectively help others.
- I like being self-employed, and have the discipline and motivation necessary to achieve my personal goals.
- I have some background in counseling, psychology, or other healing arts.
- I am intelligent and able to easily assimilate ideas and technologies if motivated to do so.
- I am in good mental and physical health.
- I have some aptitude in sales and marketing, and am confident about selling my ideas and abilities to others.
- I have the time, energy, and resources to devote at least a year of part time work to building a new career.
- I would like my life work to be a reflection of my spiritual and/or ethical principles.
If you answered "yes" to 9 out of the 11 questions above, you display a good aptitude for making a living as a hypnotherapist. Your success as a hypnotherapist is largely dependent on your willingness to network with others, and to continue to do your own spiritual work. Our most successful graduates include psychotherapists, bodywork, massage, and health care practitioners, network marketers, sales people, business consultants, psychic and spiritual counselors, and ministers. However, almost anyone interested in personal and professional growth can benefit from our training.